Whether you have an hour or many, there are countless way to support the work of Here to Serve:
“I love volunteering at Here to Serve because it takes a village to raise a person 😉 But so many people live far away from their family nowadays. I’m from Florida and live in LA, so I hope that a village will be able to support my family when they go through tough times like so many of the people Here to Serve helps.”
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Auction Chair Event Planner
The Auction Chair/Event Planner will help us with our Annual Casino Night and Auction scheduled for September 29, 2018. Their focus will be on obtaining auction items and entering them into the Silent Auction Pro database. Volunteer hours are at their own discretion, but will require about 3-5 hours a week from March through May, then the hours will increase as we get closer to the event. Help with vendors, décor and meeting sponsorship promises also needed.
Time Commitment: 3-5 hrs/week
The researcher will update the resources in our Resource Database with the services provided and contact information. Most is internet research, but may involve some phone calls. This volunteer position will be 5-10 hours a week at their own discretion. The Platform the information is being entered into is SharePoint.
Time Commitment: 5-10 hrs/week
Other volunteer needs:
- Social Media Community Developer – Help build care community members. 12 hours/month
- Videographer – Need videos of our kids and their family for social media. 4 hours/month
- Auction Procurement – Build our inventory of auction items through online and personal requests. Number of hours/month varies and can be adjusted according to volunteer availability.
- Event Planner – Lead efforts to improve our annual fundraising events and/or add smaller events. Number of hours/month varies and can be adjusted according to volunteer availability and timing of events.
- Grantwriter – Need out-of-the-box experienced grantwriter to help raise funds through grants. 8 hours/month
- Auction Committee Chair – Need a chair to lead our auction efforts (including procuring live auction items) for our annual event scheduled September, 2018. 5 hours/month. Hours increase in months of July through September
- Admin Assistant – Administrative duties to support CEO/Founder. Need quality writing, data input and computer skills including proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word. 6 hours/month
- Web Master – Proficiency in WordPress to keep website updated with relevant photos, text and activities. 6 hours/month but varies up or down depending on need.
- SharePoint Programmer – Help with development of our resource database. Hours TBD based on volunteer availability.
- Graphic Designer – Provide graphic design skills for social media and marketing materials. Hours vary but average 4-5 hours/month.